Monday, October 24, 2011

Our Own Disquiet to Self-recovery...

IN COMING TO TERMS WITH OUR OWN DISQUIET…it is well to share our thoughts with someone who we intuitively know will listen and understand. 

Ofttimes this alone will show us the way to self-recovery.  To be sure, the path is not an easy one, requiring commitment, awareness and, not least, a refusal to compromise on that which we instinctively know to be right for us.  It is an irrefutable truth that nothing in life is more important, neither more rewarding, than coming to “Know Thyself.”

Garry D. Kilbourn
bwfaithministry

“IN COMING TO TERMS WITH OUR OWN DISQUIET…”
This morning’s meditation was rich with metaphor!  Six a.m. at the Brahma Kumaris Centre I found myself contemplating a single, long-stem mauve rose.  It was elegant, full and beautiful.  In this vase designed for a single flower I noticed a ‘gap’ between the water level and the bottom of the rose’s stem. This image started me thinking about this gap – the water was an inch from the stem but the stem couldn’t reach the water so would die.  From this thought I was led to another… God meets us exactly where we are…no gaps!  I also noticed the leaves on the rose stem.  If the rose could let go of its leaves the stem would drop an inch into the life-saving water.  For me the leaves represented barriers.  I began to think of the barriers I’ve set up that stop me from ‘fully’ accepting God’s unconditional love.  I need to let them go :o)  blw


UNSUBSCRIBE Email blwoodard@shaw.ca

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Carol Ann's email says, "Wonderful metaphor with the rose and vase! thanx for sharing with us - it's what I needed for the "tennis game" in my head."

Bonnie said...

Mary's email says, "I like your analogy, comparing your life to the single rose in the vase, also letting go of the barnacles that want to attach themselves to us.
We seem to know the answers, we just have put them into practice. Thank you for faithfully sharing your insights into the fascinating world of wonders."