Monday, September 13, 2010

Alice, my friend...

Last Thursday evening, while visiting Alice in the nursing home, I was blessed.  What 'they' say is true...you receive more than you give!

Alice asked me if I was with my Mom when she died. I said I wasn't, and now nine years later, Alice sensed I was still very sad about it.

Alice, who I've come to know as a very spiritual person, tenderly painted a vision of all the angels around my Mom at her death...she wasn't alone, she was loved. Unbeknownst to Alice, while in my Mom's presence only days before her death, Mom saw in the darkness of her room a light which seemed to be beckoning her, all the while calling out to me to make it brighter. With Alice's help I'm now at peace with my Mom's passing.

As I learned in Pastoral Care, listen, listen and listen again.  I am sincerely grateful I did for I am the better for it.

by Bonnie Woodard

Diocesan Pastoral Care Course
Information 218.5515 (403) Calgary AB

We are anxious to hear about anything that concerns YOU.
Please use blog 'comments' or click blwoodard@shaw.ca to send an email.

No comments: