Sunday, September 25, 2011

Midst all the worldly dross...

With God’s goodness comes the light of the soul; whence comes life itself.  Sheltered by this divine triumvirate of purity, we are thus ushered at birth into the curiously uncertain ways of the world.
                                                         
Fate alone determines our home environ and upbringing, whether that of love or otherwise.  Human will and intuition, although present at birth, play but a minor role in our survival and well-being throughout infancy and early childhood.  Similarly, our capacity for reason is of little help early on, as this trait is a concomitant of developing maturity.  Thus, for better or worse, do we become prey in our formative years to all that befalls us.

Midst all the worldly dross that has come to veil our soul and threaten our spirituality, we ofttimes lose our way.  In the doing, we tend to forget God’s role in life.  Only when we reclaim our birthright, namely, God’s goodness and His love, will we as well reclaim our humanity.

Mindful contemplation, whereby thoughts of God’s divine love take us to a higher spiritual plane, enables us to love ourself and others.  Thus blessed, and in giving freely of ourself to others, are we healed and made well.

Garry D. Kilbourn
bwfaithministry

Thus, for better or worse, do we become prey in our formative years to all that befalls us.”
Knowing at an early age that I was adopted, set the wheels-in-motion for a life different from that of my peers.  My adoptive mom, God bless her, told me the story she was told… that my birth mom was from Scotland and I had a sister.  Adding to the wheels-in-motion, my adoptive parents divorced.  For many, many years I struggled with emotions I didn’t understand and behaviours I wasn’t proud of.  I had lost my way.  Years later… Garry and I found my birth-family of not one special sister but two, three wonderful brothers and their welcoming families!  God’s divine love has taken me to a higher spiritual plane…I am forever grateful!  blw
                                                                                                                                                    
Email blwoodard@shaw.ca  Healing Circle registration
UNSUBSCRIBE Email blwoodard@shaw.ca

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Violet's email says... Thank you for the inspiring words “in giving freely of ourself to others, we are healed and made well.” Please pray for me as I start a prayer group on the Sarcee Reserve this week and that God is continuing blessing me on my journey.

Bonnie said...

Susie's email says... How wonderful for you to have found your birth family. In a way I too know what it is like to find someone. I had always known that I had two half brothers, but it was never talked about at home. When I turned 50, my daughters asked what I would like for a gift and I told them I would like to find my brothers. Sure enough they did it. It is a wonderful feeling to have someone that you are connected with in a different sort of way. I now have two brothers and more nieces and nephews than we ever thought possible and my girls have uncles, something they always wanted.

We are both truly lucky.