Friday, July 22, 2011

Sixth and Seventh Senses

Quite unwittingly we all to often fail to apprehend the true nature of another when we ignore our own spirituality, that which embodies our sixth and seventh senses, namely, intuition and understanding.

Albeit, to the great misfortune of many, if not most, our upbringing pays little attention to our life-giving spirituality, tending instead to favour our physical well-being.  We are taught that we have only five senses: sight, hearing, smell, taste and touch.

Perceptive only to the intuitive spiritual mind (the 6th sense), unexpressed thoughts and emotions of another, be they conscious or unconscious, are sensed and made known.  To enable this spiritual awareness and understanding (the 7th sense), the listener becomes one with the speaker by at once remaining silent and exposed.  Of a sudden, an unspoken trust between two people is born.  Thus is forged the basis of a rich and enduring relationship; one that we otherwise would never have known.

Garry D. Kilbourn
bwfaithministry

UNSUBSCRIBE Email blwoodard@shaw.ca

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Lynn's email: Thanks - this is a beautiful message. I'm feeling like I'm moving farther from away from my spiritual path, and at the same time more disconnected from people - makes sense doesn't it? This was a great reminder to me.

Bonnie said...

Pat's email: This is a good meditation for me just now. Thank you.

Bonnie said...

junimaroonie's email: so true...my 6th sense has always been high with some people too...i wish my 7th sense would kick in more often as i tend to open mouth to change feet on occasion :( but its a learning situation and i try very hard not to let it happen again... :)

Bonnie said...

Jane's email: I love getting these, this one particulally touched my heart.

Bonnie said...

Rebeca's email: Thank you for sharing the reflections with me. Last one left me thinking a lot, still finding my answer to that...the answer that is the right one for me.