Wednesday, October 13, 2010

THANKSGIVING and other holidays remembered because of Mom's good dishes...

My girlfriend sent an interesting email I'd like to share with you.  Her Mom passed away some time ago...that's why this is special.

Two brothers came to visit this Thanksgiving weekend...both from out of town.  She said the neatest thing was that Thanksgiving dinner was served on Mom's good dishes.

My girlfriend shared that the oldest brother had not seen these dishes since 1974 and the second oldest brother only saw Mom's good dishes every Christmas, Easter and Thanksgiving.

Just imagine the wonderful memories because of Mom's good dishes!
Our hearts remember the simplest joys!


by Bonnie Woodard

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Email from Sylvia (Oct 15/10):

Memories around food and togetherness at the table are among the fondest. I made the pumpkin chiffon pie that my mother-in-law used to make. She passed away in 1992 at the tender age of 99! Isn't it so very appropriate that Christ unites the faithful around a meal in which the bread becomes spiritual food!

Bonnie said...

Email from M.J.

By the way, isn't it so very appropriate that Christ unites the faithful around a meal in which the bread becomes spiritual food!!

Bonnie said...

Elie's email: I have been enjoying the emails that you and Garry send -- I especially liked the one from a long time ago about dishes, as I am lucky to have inherited my great grandmother's set.