Tuesday, October 12, 2010

It is with deep sadness in my heart...

Today I learned that a good friend of mine died a few days ago.  We met at the FCJ Centre in their T.E.A.M. Program, 2003.  Very quickly we became good friends! 

After the three year program ended, our visits became less and less as her life was pulled one way and mine another.  Her birthday was just a month ago and as I thought of her I was tempted to phone and wish, "Happy Birthday!" but I thought...oh, its been so long between phone calls, she has her family---I was embarrassed to phone.  My intuition nudged me to call her and my mind rationalized its way out of 'IT.'  So, you understand how I now feel--deep sadness that I didn't make the call...leave a message...

My friend Mary knows how I feel...she's been there too, thank God.  She eased my sorrow by saying, "Bon, when you were close friends, you were good friends--remember that!"  I will with all my heart.  This is another life-lesson: listen to that quiet voice within, it speaks the truth! 

Goodbye Francis, I love you.

Sincerely,
Bonnie Woodard

No comments: