Thursday, September 30, 2010

Marianne Williamson, in Everyday Grace, shared..."Feeling in various ways unreceived in my childhood, I desperately sought to be received by others in my later years. But I didn't know how to genuinely accept others into my life, because the pattern had not been modeled for me. It took a lot more than rational analysis to interrupt that pattern. It could not be broken by finding another person who would finally, ultimately, accept me fully. That could not and would not happen until first I repaired my own underlying wound by learning to accept myself..." (pg 237)

Marianne's revelation awakened 'something' within which helped me understand a piece of my Self.  Being so excited, I had to share Marianne's writing with a friend, hoping she would have an AHA-moment to spark her inner light too. And it did!!

She emailed, "I kept searching for someone to want me. I constantly had to have someone--it didn't matter who, want me."  I repaired my own underlying wound by learning to accept myself. "This is EXACTLY what I am focusing on. Now, I'm wanting me. I want to be happy with me--from my curly hair to my love of sweets."

Thank you, my friend, for sharing your life changing moment! One baby-step-at-a-time, we blossom into who we are meant to BE !!

by Bonnie Woodard

Email blwoodard@shaw.ca so others may come to know of how your life changed when you finally came to accept yourself.

Everyday Grace by Marianne Williamson
http://www.marianne.com/

"When you change the world changes!" (Brahma Kumaris)

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

From E-mail: "Since I've known that God loves me, I must be, somehow, loveable. In my morning and evening meditation I just let God love me: no words, no reading, no thinking. Just being." M.J.

Bonnie said...

From E-mail: "And more and more, speaking for myself, I know the more I like me, the more I can just be me, the less importance I put on wanting others to like me. And the less worry about having others like me, the more I can just be me. And then, guess what? They just do. I’m relaxed, they are relaxed, and the walls come tumbling down." M.C.

Bonnie said...

From E-mail: "Thank you so much for this piece. I am searching for someone to want me, and it really hurts when you realize that no one is out there that wants you...but i forgot that I want me!...and i have to work on wanting myself :)

Thanks soo much for this.. I am really hoping it will help me!...N.K.

Bonnie said...

From E-mail: "Thanks for the lovely thoughts on acceptance. The best medicine is to turn inward and shine love on the self. Have a Blessed Day." L.B.

Bonnie said...

From E-mail: "A poignant reflection, Bonnie. I look back on my life and find that it took me most of it to learn to accept myself. It all happened gradually. I am much more at peace with myself." S.C.

Bonnie said...

From E-mail: "Very sweet, thoughtful, sincere and full of feelings. Thank you for all the enclosures. They are joyfully uplifting and encouraging." M.B.