Friday, September 24, 2010

Alice, my friend...

The child within never leaves us!

Alice's eyes can no longer see to read so during last week's visit at the nursing home, I started reading to her from a book called, "Li'l Miss Red Mittens and The Ice Cream Garden." We were just starting Chapter 4 when it was time for me to go. I promised to bring Li'l MIss to our next visit.

This week I was pleasantly surprised to see Alice tapping her fingers together with anticipation...just waiting to hear more of the story about a little girl's journey of innocent faith.  We read all the way to Chapter 14 before it was time to go!

We'll finish this delightful tale next week--I wonder what we'll start next!!

by Bonnie Woodard

Diocesan Pastoral Care Course
Information:  218.5501 (403) Calgary AB


We are anxious to hear about anything that concerns YOU.
Please use blog 'comments' or click blwoodard@shaw.ca to send an email.

No comments: