Sunday, October 27, 2013

The "Who" We Really Are ...



When the “who”
We show to others
Gives lie to
The inner soul,
We have lost our way.
Fear not, for
‘Tis but an illusion,
An aberration, a
Mind in turmoil
Working to obscure
The “who”
We really are, the
God-given “who” forever resting in
Peace, love and harmony.
We have but to quiet the mind,
Be still and
Surrender to our
True inner Being:
To God within.

Garry D. Kilbourn
bwfaithministry

Excerpt from CHANGE YOUR MIND—then your Diet ©

“Fear not, for ‘Tis but an illusion, … ”   

It was a day not unlike some others.  My ‘self’ was full of doubts.  My mind was saying, “what are you doing, who do you think you are, you should be doing this-that-and-the-other.“  When reading Garry’s latest writing … my eyes rested on “Fear not, for ‘Tis but an illusion…” --immediately the spell I was under was broken and I saw it for its nothingness. blw

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Email from Rani,
Thank you for the message. I needed to break the spell too. Tis but an illusion... Garry is a genius ...

Bonnie said...

Email from Lois,
This reflection really spoke to me today - thanks for sending them on.

Bonnie said...

Email from Megan,
... We cared far too much about what other people thought, and were constantly putting on an image of what we thought we should portray. This went on for years for both of us, and in the past few years we are FINALLY at the point (in most if not all aspects of my life, for me anyway) where we don't CARE what others think - like me / accept me or not, this is who I am. Very liberating not feeling like I have to put on a show anymore.