Sunday, May 19, 2013

Thought's Life-Changing Power ...

The power of thought we know to be a life-changing force for good or ill: we all experience it. What may be less well known, and all too often overlooked, is the fact that we alone are responsible for our thoughts and their outcome.

Put away mundane thoughts that serve only to darken the mind and imperil the soul. Instantly replace them, simply by giving thanks to God; that which ennobles our very Being. Remember that God’s supreme indivisibility is shared equally by all, each in his own way. For this reason alone we may give thanks. Even more, in acknowledging God’s presence in our life we have taken that first step whereby we may fulfill our purpose: manifesting God’s goodness and love by daily living the golden rule.

Garry D. Kilbourn
bwfaithministry

Excerpt from CHANGE YOUR MIND—then your Diet ©

“The power of thought … a life-changing force … .”   

Today I witnessed the life-changing force of the power of thought.  Over the past three years Meg’s been transforming her “thought life”.  She asks herself: “Why do I not like this?” … “Why do I enjoy that?”  Meg’s no longer pulled into negative conversations.  She’s all for finding solutions.  From Meg’s stronghold of self-respect she’s making informed decisions that are enriching her life.  Yea Meg !  blw

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Bess's email says,
"As you well know, my thought path is “does this serve me” if yes, go for it. If not, remove yourself from the circumstance."

Bonnie said...

Meg's email says,
"I was reading Garry's reflection and thinking--YES! This is BANG on! Over the weekend as I watched the devastation in Moore, Oklahoma, I was thankful for living with 6-8 months of winter. I was thinking--if our house disappeared--what would I do? As long as everyone is safe, that's all I would care about. And then, I would must up the strength to start over. I'm realizing that there are no problems, just challenges--growth experiences. The power of thought really can change your life!"