Monday, November 1, 2010

REPEATED PATTERNS SHOW US OUR NEEDS...

FOR EVERY HABIT WE HAVE, for every experience we go through over and over, for every pattern we repeat, there is a NEED WITHIN US for it.  The need corresponds to some BELIEF we have. If there were not a need, we wouldn't HAVE IT, DO IT, OR BE IT.

THERE IS SOMETHING WITHIN US THAT NEEDS the fat, the poor relationships, the failures, the anger, the poverty, the abuse, or whatever there is that's a problem for us...

WORK ON THE WILLINGNESS TO RELEASE THE NEEDWhen the need is gone, you will have NO DESIRE for the illness, or the overeating or the negative pattern.

TO BATTLE ONLY THE OUTER EFFECT or symptom is WASTED ENERGY and often increases the problem.

excerpt from You Can Heal Your Life by Louise L. Hay


"The willingness to release the NEED..." rang true for me as I read this section over and over.  Release the need...I asked myself  WHY??  do I STILL carry my NEGATIVE PATTERNS, my BELIEFS after ALL these years.  I can CHANGE MY PERSPECTIVE, MY BELIEFS...I AM FINALLY WILLING TO LET THEM GO...I DON'T NEED THEM ANYMORE!!

blwoodard@shaw.ca -- share your story so others may benefit !!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

From E-mail: "I think I need to work on this repeated pattern concept. Haha! How do you approach someone when you see something so obvious in them that they don’t see (or choose not to see) in themselves. I have tried using myself as an example, I’ve tried being more tolerant of times when I think ... has overreacted to something, I even try to ignore it or sometimes I apologize just to get back on the right track, but I know that’s not the right solution……but ... just refuses to see that I’m not the only one who has flaws……it seems that ... almost enjoys and has a need to pick on me……and after I read your Friday Reflection, I wanted to pass it along to ..., but I know ... will get angry and try to turn it back at me…….help!" J in C

Bonnie said...

From E-mail: "It's been a tough week and I really appreciate this." L.B.