Wednesday, February 22, 2012

We Can Change...


None of us, it must be said, is held captive to our present state in life.  We are, each of us, divinely spiritual souls possessed with intelligence and will.  Thus are we able to control the ceaseless workings of the mind, the source of all that bedevils us and all that sets us free.
                                                     
We can change, no matter our state of mind, no matter our personal circumstance.  True change, that which endures and uplifts the soul, is none other than a spiritual awakening, a process of freeing the mind of worldly thoughts to become one with God.

Garry D. Kilbourn
bwfaithministry

“We can change…”  
 … a story of awakening as told to us:  She is not yet twenty years old…
“Yesterday night at 12:00 I was packing my school bag and getting ready to go to bed, when all of a sudden my facebook page lead me to the contacts that I have blocked on facebook.

I sat there for a few minutes thinking why is it that I blocked theses people from facebook? Therefore I unblocked everyone and then all of a sudden I got this new kind of energy and I decided to write to all the people from my past that were "not my friends anymore", so I sat there and wrote all these emails to these people with a different tone.  Before all I could tell them  was how upset I am for their actions and how I’m so sad.  However, yesterday night I wrote to all these people saying SORRY... I never did give them a second chance in life and just "judged" them so I went ahead and said sorry to each and every individual, letting them know that I could not sleep without telling them how I feel!

I feel soooo free today, I have not felt this free in a long time!  It was like I was trying to move on and forgive myself and them, however I was not able to! But this way I forgave not only them but myself and I am soooo Proud of myself :)

Really I feel like I did a great thing for myself.  In order for me to move on and do great things in life I needed to do this.  I have cleared all the negative moments in my life and kept good memories that will allow me to move forward in life :)  I have never felt more peaceful in life. “ 
(S.G. with love)

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Thank you for your thoughtfulness.
Mary

Bonnie said...

I just wanted to say thank you for the reflection from S.G. I found it very moving and it said so much about taking responsibility and then the action for our life and our feelings. I can appreciate how freeing it must have been for her. Please pass my thanks on to her and also tell her that I hope we see some more reflections from her. With blessings and thanks,
Norline

Bonnie said...

Beautiful sharing and great testimony. So powerful to let go and free yourself and therefore others. Linda

Bonnie said...

"Hi, Garry’s reflection is beautiful, as is the “We can change” story. This is just what I needed today!"
Meg